The role of the Nursing team is to provide professional and clinical leadership to the nurses within the organisation, the 24 Hour Surgery, and the general practice nursing workforce.
The team work to support the delivery of the Pegasus Health Nursing Development Strategy by facilitating and coordinating initiatives for the development of the nursing workforce within general practice and primary health care.
Vision and Strategy
The vision of the strategy is that Pegasus Health nurses will be recognised and acknowledged as:
- skilled and respected front line practitioners providing high quality care across a range of community settings
- vital and valued partners in the multidisciplinary team, coordinating resources and skill sets to ensure high quality care
- confident, effective leaders and champions of care quality with an influential voice at all levels of the organisaiton and health system
Key Focus Areas
- Growing professional development and support of nurses to maximise their contribution to the delivery of quality patient care in the community, alongside other members of the primary care team.
- Building of leadership capacity and capability within the Pegasus nursing workforce.
- Maximising opportunities for contribution and influence at national level.
- Optimising the benefits of members of Pegasus Health Nurse Membership Ltd.
- Providing nursing leadership and support to the Nursing and Medical teams at Te Puna Wai o Tuhinapo and Te Oranga youth residences.
- Providing clinical advice, leadership, support and training for the B4 School Check regional programme.
The 2016-2018 Nursing Development Strategic Sumary is available here
Introduction to Practice Nursing Seminar
In 2017, Pegasus Health will offer ‘Introduction to Practice Nursing’ seminars. These are designed for nurses and student nurses and will introduce them to the role of Practice Nurse within Pegasus PHO. Each seminar will be three hours long and they will start in April 2017.