What Drives Us?
That we are an international centre of excellence for the development and provision of primary and community-based healthcare.
That we achieve improved health through high performing teams and innovative community and primary healthcare.
- Population health competent
- Engaged with and responsive to our communities
- Evidence informed
- Clinically led
- Integrated with the whole system
- Using data to account for what we do and to drive quality improvement
- Respected and trusted as partners
- Independent in our advocacy
- The support organisation of choice
- Culturally competent
- The enhancement of health and health care and facilitation of the provision of health care to individuals, their whanau/families and all the population of Canterbury;
- The improvement of the health status of individuals, their whanau/families and all the population of Canterbury;
- The reduction of disparities between the health of Maori and other identified groups within the population of Canterbury and the reduction of barriers to the timely access to appropriate health services;
- The education of the public and health care providers as to health related issues;
- The greater participation of the population of Canterbury in health related issues through proactive consultation and communication with Communities and in keeping with the spirit of the Treaty of Waitangi;
- The improved availability of health related information;
- The improvement of integration and liaison between health care providers and others in Canterbury to ensure that health care services are coordinated around the needs of the population of Canterbury;
- The creation or development of or the enhancement of co-operation with other entities that have similar objects.
The references to Canterbury in this constitution means the area within the jurisdiction of the Canterbury District Health Board pursuant to the provisions of Schedule 1 of the New Zealand Public Health and Disability Act 2000 or such larger areas as may be determined by the Board.