Welcome to Pegasus Health
Pegasus Health supports many aspects of health and wellbeing in Canterbury. We provide services and support to general practices and community based health providers to deliver quality health care to patients and we are committed to improving the health outcomes of the people in our communities.
COVID-19 Health Advice
If you think you have COVID-19 symptoms visit the government info website
If you or your whānau are unwell, the best ways to get support are:
- call (not visit) your family doctor– for advice or information 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- call Healthline free on 0800 611 116:
- if you don’t have a family doctor
- if you’re feeling unwell but you’re not sure if you need to see a doctor
- for advice about what’s happening for you and next steps
- if you want some advice about a family member or a friend who’s sick (if you are with them)
- if you want advice on finding services near you – you can also check healthpoint.co.nz.
- if it’s a medical emergency – call 111.
- A medical emergency includes chest pain or tightness, difficulty breathing, choking, severe bleeding or bleeding that won’t stop, sudden weakness or difficulty talking, fainting or unconsciousness.