Pegasus promotes good health and wellbeing to the community, so it makes sense that we see this as a priority for our people too. We encourage this through a range of wellbeing initiatives and support.
Pegasus Wellbeing Programme
We provide our people with information, support and healthy choices to improve their overall wellbeing.
The content of our programme changes annually. In the past it has included:
- annual organisation wide physical challenge, eg, Walking Challenge
- seminars/workshops, eg, mindfulness; sleep; nutrition talks with “food tastings”
- promotion of external wellbeing campaigns, eg, All Right? campaigns and Mental Health Foundation campaigns
- participation in events such as the City2Surf
- fresh fruit is supplied at the beginning of each week.
Pegasus provides its permanent employees with:
- a wellness subsidy (a contribution towards personal wellness). It can be used towards the cost of, for example, a new pair of running shoes, dental check-up, prescription glasses etc
- a flu vaccination to help protect our staff and their patients over winter
- an annual wellness check with their General Practitioner
- free after hours care at the 24 Hour Surgery for employees when their own GP is not available.
Social Wellbeing Committee
The committee organises regular social activities such as the annual BBQ, soup lunch and quiz night; and supports community wide wellbeing initiatives such as Movember.
Occupational Counselling Programme (OCP)
OCP provides confidential assistance and support to our people who are seeking help with personal or work problems.