- This event has passed.
Managing Angry & Anxious Behaviour
November 22, 2018 @ 9:30 am - 3:00 pm$120
Do you work with challenging, difficult or aggressive young people? One of the most difficult parts of working with young people is when they become angry or upset. Many professionals often encounter this behaviour but they don’t know what to do about it.
This Workshop will cover:
- What causes young people to “lose their temper” become angry or violent.
- What are the stages that lead up to an angry out burst.
- How to ensure your safety.
- How factors like depression and other mental illness can play a role.
- How to deescalate the situation as quickly as possible.
Presented by Michael Hempseed, this training is a must for councillors, teachers, youth/social workers, nurses, and ANYONE working with Youth.