There are three types of GP membership that you can apply for:
- GP – Full
- GP – Affiliate (Specialist GP)
- GP – Locum
Benefits of GP Membership
The benefits of becoming a GP Member are:
- Access to contracts for service/funding with the PHO and other funders.
- Paid attendance at educational programme meetings.
- Voting participation for Full members, in general meetings and the annual general meeting.
- Access to the Discount Scheme and subsidies which are available for a wide range of products and services.
- Access to a range of Services through the Canterbury Employers Chamber of Commerce (CECC).
- Access to the Member Care package which provides three free counselling sessions with a counsellor of your choice.
- Access to Technical support for Practice Management Software, MedTech training courses and computer maintenance.
- Access to a wealth of information on Pegasus World, relating to a range of Practice Support functions such as Funding streams, Capitation, Register Management, Claims etc.
How to become a GP Member
- GPs who are interested in becoming members should contact our Membership Coordinator who will send you an application form.
- Once we receive your application, along with the required supporting documents and contracts, the next step is to arrange for one of the Membership Committee members to conduct an interview and complete a Practitioner Profile.
- Once the interview and Practitioner Profile is complete and all the other Committee members are in agreement, your application is put to the Pegasus Board to approve.
- Once the Board approves your application, you will receive a ‘Welcome letter’ and share payment is required. Your counter-signed contracts will be returned to you once your payment has been processed; at this point your Pegasus membership is complete.
Note: If a GP is the first in their practice to apply to become a member and the practice is not currently a Pegasus practice, then the practice also undergoes a Practice/Premises report at the time of the applicant interview. Once approved, the practice is entitled to installation of and access to the Internet Service Provider and server hosted by Pegasus, along with access to virus protection, software and a secure mechanism for the transfer of data files and claims.