Mental Health & Wellbeing Support

Brief Intervention Talking Therapies

People struggling with mental health issues can get up to five free sessions with a mental health
clinician to assess, treat and / or refer to other health services if needed.

Our clinicians are English speaking, however interpreters are available if needed.

Sessions are free and confidential.

1737, need to talk?

Anyone feeling stressed, anxious, worried, depressed, needing advice on mental health or addictions issues can free call or text 1737 any time, 24 hours a day to speak to a mental health

Free physical health checks

People on anti-psychotic medication or opioid substitution can get free physical health checks from their general practice team (Equally Well). This is for people 13 years and over and is for up to four visits per year.

Free mental health visits for young people

Young people aged 13 to 24 inclusive, can get free mental health general practice visits. This is for up to four visits per year.

Where to get help

Your GP is the best person to talk to about your mental health. They will be able to offer advice and point you to other services if needed.

MHERC (Mental Health Education & Resource Centre) is a helpful place for other mental health information and services. Visit the MHERC website for more information.

Partnership Community Workers

If you don’t have a regular GP, Partnership Community Workers (PCWs) can also help you connect to a practice and other health care you need, including mental health services. PCWs can help you:

  • enrol at a Pegasus Health General Practice
  • get to your doctor/hospital appointments, if transport is a problem for you
  • visit Work and Income, if you find it difficult to pay for the doctor
  • find other Community Services to support you.

Find out more about PCWs and how to contact them.